Report: Illegal Aliens Released by Federal Gov’t Committed 19 Murders, 142 Sex Crimes
“The crimes charged against these illegal immigrants include nearly 2,000 DUI (11.9%), over 1,400 drug violations (8.8%), and more than 1,000 major criminal offenses and violent crimes (6.9%), including murder, assault, battery, rape, kidnapping, child molestation, domestic abuse, lynching, stalking, and torture,” the report says.
(Related: He’s a Dreamer. Release Him: Immigration Officials Outline Disturbing Changes Under New Obama Executive Order)
The report, issued today, was conducted by the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service (CRS) and contains an “analysis of crosschecked data” from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) that was subpoenaed by the House Judiciary Committee last November. The Committee subpoenaed DHS after the Obama administration’s announcement to stop deporting some illegal aliens identified by Secure Communities, a program that flags illegal immigrants who have been arrested and booked in local jails, according to the report.
“President Obama’s reckless amnesty agenda is dangerous and deadly for Americans. Rather than protect the American people he was elected to serve, President Obama has imposed a policy that allows thousands of illegal immigrants to be released into our communities,” Committee Chairman Lamar Smith (R-Texas) said in a statement. ”They have committed thousands of more crimes, including 19 murders, 3 attempted murders, and 142 sex crimes, which could have been avoided.”
(Related: Obama Admin. Ends Immigration Enforcement Program Following High Court Ruling)
These are the “key findings” from the CRS report:
- The data provided to the House Judiciary Committee by DHS includes 276,412 records of charges against illegal and criminal immigrants identified by Secure Communities between October 27, 2008 and July 31, 2011. There are 159,286 unique individuals in the database and 205,101 unique arrest incidents.
- Of those released, CRS found that about 17% of illegal and criminal immigrants, or 26,412, were rearrested on criminal charges. These 26,412 recidivists accounted for a total of 42,827 arrests and 57,763 alleged violations.
- The categories of crimes charged include nearly 8,500 DUI (14.6%), over 6,000 Drug Violations (10.9%), more than 4,000 Major Criminal Offenses (7.1%), which includes murder, assault, battery, rape, and kidnapping, nearly 3,000 Theft (4.9%), and over 1,000 Other Violent Crimes (2.1%), which includes carjacking, child cruelty, child molestation, domestic abuse, lynching, stalking, and torture.
- These crimes committed by both illegal and legal immigrants include 59 murders, 21 attempted murders, and 542 sex crimes.
- Of those rearrested, nearly 30%, or 7,283, were illegal immigrants. Since 46,734 illegal immigrants were released, this means they have a recidivism rate of 16%. These illegal immigrants should have been deported but the Obama administration’s lax immigration policies released them back into our communities.
- The crimes charged against these illegal immigrants include nearly 2,000 DUI (11.9%), over 1,400 drug violations (8.8%), and more than 1,000 major criminal offenses and violent crimes (6.9%), including murder, assault, battery, rape, kidnapping, child molestation, domestic abuse, lynching, stalking, and torture.
- These crimes committed by illegal immigrants include 19 murders, 3 attempted murders, and 142 sex crimes.
(H/T: Washington Times)