Yesterday was a good day for our men being held in The Southern Nevada Detention Center.
Attorneys and ...clients met for the first time as a group, and were able to lay out their case for those attorneys who attended.
It was an organized effort by the defendants who worked hard on their presentation which pointed out the many flaws in the Governments case against them.
The attorneys overwhelmingly agreed the meeting was a success.
Chris Rassmussen, Attorney for Pete Santilli, said;
The meeting was professional and well thought out. The powerpoint message was very good and showed clearly the many Civil Rights Violations perpetrated by the BLM, that led up to the intense confrontation on April 12th, 2014.
1. Cliven Bundy and his family remained peaceful and compliant even after the beating and wrongful detainment of his son Dave Bundy.
2. The Family began protesting at the roads edge ( with signs and voices) and were forced into an illegal 1st amendment area by the BLM.
a.) The family complies
b.) Governor Brian Sandoval publicly condemns the action of the BLM
3. Snipers kept watch over protesters and family members who legally at the road and or other places surrounding Public Lands including private property belonging to the Bundy family.
4. Dave Bundy was beaten and unlawfully detained for taking photographs of BLM herding his Father's cattle over a distant hill.
His property (iPad) was illegally confiscated and never returned.
5. Family members and press were illegally assaulted with threats of force, stun guns, and eventually use of force, during a protest demanding the BLM answer questions as to why they were killing cattle and conducting a round-up during calving season.
a.) Pete Santilli records the event
b.) Sheriff Douglas Gillespi publicly condemns the actions of the BLM
6. Sheriff Douglas Gillespi warns and insist Special Agent in Charge, Daniel P. Love, leave the area and come back in the fall when calving season is over -- Love refuses and ignores the Sheriff.
7. Helicopters can be heard and seen over the area with gunmen positioned to fire. Shots are heard in the distance as these helicopters are used to roundup cattle.
8. Fox News airs violent video taken during protest
9. More Protestors begin to arrive
10. State Lawmakers from around the Country warn the BLM they have gone too far.
11. Instead of de-escalating FBI assist the BLM in becoming more intimidating
12. Media and protestors from around the world descend on Bundy Ranch and legally carry firearms on private property.
a.) Bundy family ask that firearms be stored in vehicles
b.) Bundy family ask security at protest to have anyone threatening violence to leave Bundy Ranch
13. Sheriff Douglas Gillespi conducts meeting with Daniel P. Love who agrees to leave the area
14. After days of peaceful protest and media attention Sheriff Douglas Gillespi announces the BLM is leaving. The Bundy Family legally moves to secure the release of cattle and to inspect damage and loss of life.
15. BLM once again refuse the orders of Sheriff Douglas Gillespi
16. BLM threaten violence and death as protestors approach and according to WITNESSES (Protestors and Media) they overhear;
a.) BLM announce over loud-speaker, they have been authorized to use lethal force
b.) Agents engage in conversation about who they are going to kill
c.) Agents engage in conversation about killing dogs and horses
d.) Agents engage in conversations about Daniel P. Love tricking the Sheriff and protestors into coming to the wash
17. Deputy Sheriff Tom Roberts assist protestors in securing their safety and forces BLM/FBI teams to leave in peace
18. Cattle are secured without incident
19. Security teams stay in place while the Bundy Family access loss of life and property damage.
20. When family is secure and threat of assault subsides the Bundy Family get back to ranching and security teams leave
21. 2 years pass without incident
22. In February 2016 Cliven Bundy is arrested in Portland Oregon along with 18 others who are now being held without release
23. Civil rights continue to be violated
24. In 2016 -- The BLM has returned to the Gold Butte area and announce they will soon begin the round-up of Bundy cattle